Definition of workflow automation
Workflow automation refers to the design, execution, and automation of workflow-based processes in which human tasks, data, or files are routed between people or systems based on predefined business rules. With workflow software, your business can save time and reduce errors through automation.
How does automation help you?
From management to finance and marketing, automation can free all departments from the clutter of manual processes.
Any department in your business can benefit from automation software:
- Drastically reduce the paperwork
- Finding and recruiting candidates faster with automatic approval
- Ensure compliance with all processes
- Improving the visibility of the workflow
- Simplify document management
- Save time processing certificates
- Schedule automatic payments for recurring invoices
- Create a smart payroll management system
- Integrate data with other accounting software
- Delegating repeated tasks to the system
- Collaboration in work processes with team members in multiple locations
- Make sure all content is approved by the right eyes
- Establish a consistent process for cultivation and follow-up with quality leads
- Pilot multiple campaigns and track them from a single dashboard
- Simplify list building by standardizing the process
- Make sure all leads get the same red carpet treatment
- Never let the lead slip through the cracks due to an error
- Get reports and analyzes full of insights on ongoing processes
- Send Email Welcome, thanks or promotion
Why do you need workflow automation?
Modern organizations are struggling with the challenge of digital transformation: how to unify internal and external business communications where email, telephone, spreadsheets and notes dominate task and work management.
These task management tools rely heavily on human memory and are poor tools for collaboration and visibility creation when an employee or decision-maker needs it.
A workflow automation platform enables organizations to drastically reduce reliance on these communication and tracking tools, rather than ensuring that all information and communication of work tasks are conducted within the platform or maintaining documentation of communications within relevant work tasks.
Much less reliance on spreadsheets of human memory or tracking tasks, which may not have been shared after being updated by an employee elsewhere in the company.
Instead, the workflow platform stores this information in a central repository that can be disseminated or accessed by anyone who has the authority to do so (usually through role-based permissions).
What is Make, and how does it work?
Make is a tool that helps you automate manual processes without needing code. They refer to themselves as the ‘glue of the internet,’ helping their customers put together apps and services.
How does Make work?
To understand how Make works, you need to know what an API is.
API (Application Programs Interface) is the waiter in a restaurant who takes an order from the table to the kitchen and returns the requested dish to the table.
Therefore, to connect two businesses or two different software, this service or a “shipping” service is required from both.
Instead of needing code, Make has turned these complicated APIs into simple blocks that can be connected using simple drag and drop. Make calls these blocks ‘modules’ and the visual connections between them ‘scenarios.’
Once set up, Make runs 24-7, with background processing without needing maintenance.
As part of my service, I will make sure to connect your business world so that you can save time and human resources for tasks that a machine can perform.
* Leave your email below to stay up to date with new and interesting content